I don't know what to believe but all I can do is share here today what I see.
What we do know is this;
1. It was difficult to watch (if you are a Michael Jackson Fan, incredibly difficult to watch)
2. It is Jimmy Safechuck and Wade Robson's word against Michael Jackson.
3. Michael Jackson is no longer alive to defend himself.
People who have been through abuse themselves will be able to relate to this, because they have been through it too therefore they can understand. Not only that they understand, they can see patterns.
What are the patterns we have seen?
1. Michael over the years had numerous boys whom he hung around with - played with etc.
2. Girls were also invited to the Neverland Ranch.
3. Michael would invite many children over to the Neverland Ranch to have a great time.
4. Michael would focus on one child for a period of time (a boy) and that boy would generally be aged under 14 years of age.
(Now we can argue that Michael never had a childhood and his is (was) just a little boy on the inside, that's what I have been saying and agreeing with over the last 20 plus years).
But what was the Obsession Michael had over Each Boy?
* Michael always had a focus on one boy for a period of time - why?
* That boy would be the everything to Michael and Michael would be 'that everything' to the boy (why wouldn't he be - Michael was the King Of Pop).
* Then Michael would move on to another boy. (was it that the boy got too old and was growing up?) - we don't know.
This is what I do Know - What I see.
* I saw patterns of Michael focusing on just one boy for a period of time.
* It was pure focus on that boy (no one else).
* He built a relationship with the family, do everything for the family, build trust.
* He would take them to his inner circle.
* He would make them feel like they are the only person that exists, makes them feel special.
* He was virtually untouchable.
* Other well known celebrities such as Elvis Presley (with Priscilla - 14 year old girl moved in with Elvis), Tiger Woods and his infidelities (whilst married)... the fact that these guys were untouchable, above the law so to speak. Tiger admitted in a press conference that he thought he was untouchable.
The Patterns of Behaviour in "Leaving Neverland" brought up so much for me. Not that I was abused as a child, never! But as a grown women and seeking the love, wanting to be loved by someone, especially my ex boyfriend made me completely aware of patterns. I explain it all in detail in this episode about what I experienced from a controlling boyfriend who dictated everything that went on. Looking back at that relationship I wonder "how in the hell did I even let that happen?" This was over 15 years ago.
We don't know what happened behind closed doors between Michael Jackson, Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck, only these men do. And unfortunately Michael cannot prove as he is no longer with us.
But what I do know is that if something doesn't feel right, be aware, get advice and talk to someone, preferably a professional in counselling or some one of that nature. Never sweep it under the carpet and hope it will be ok. Because it won't!
To your abundance,
P.S. Look after you! You are number one!