Podcast Show - Listen Below
The world has been hit by the Coronavirus and we are moving into lockdown mode. The borders to many countries are now closing. No one is traveling. Events are closed down. There are restrictions to how many people can congregate in one area and there are many precautions to take.
And people are fighting over toilet paper in the supermarkets!
What Is The Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. These range from the common cold to more serious diseases.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by a new coronavirus first reported in Wuhan City, China. It can range from a mild lillness to pheumomnia.
Some people will recover easily and some may get sick quickly.
It has symptoms such as;
- flu like symptoms, coughing, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
Information taken from www.health.gov.au
What Can You Do ?
It's important that you take precautions.
- Practice good hygiene to protect against infection to prevent virus from spreading.
- Self - Isolation
- Social Distancing
The question then becomes do you stop living your life and pursuing your goals?
The answer is - no!
First, it is sensible to follow the information that has been recommended and be sensible.
Second, don't get caught up in the fear. This craziness has occurred because people are acting out of fear, fighting over toilet paper and stable foods etc. It is the fear of the unknown as this virus and it's capabilities are unknown and havent yet been fully determined.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to work even harder or should I say more strategic on your sport. Highly likely your team training sessions have been cancelled including your tournaments and competitions. Therefore you have a chance to work on improving your techincal skills and mental skills.
You can be creative here, for example;
- try new drills you've been wanting to try
- test out new techniques you've wanted to work on but haven't because of competitions
- improve your nutrition, discover what foods and supplements would benefit you most to get the competitive edge
- improve and develop your mental skills
There is plenty to do here. It's about taking this opportunity to develop yourself further as an athlete, as a player and as a person.
Don't get caught up in the fear.
You can't control what is happening around you but you can take control of what you do.
What You Can Control
- take precautions and be sensible
- develop yourself further as a competitior
- develop and try new drills and techniques
- double down on the training
- develop mental skills
Remember what you focus on expands. If you focus on the negatives then it will bring up doubts and fears.
If you focus on what you can control then get out there and go for it.
Have you signed up for the Successful Athletes Masterclass?
- Designed to show you how to take control in your sport and pursue your sports goals.
- It is a free video series.
It is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the FREE training.
- It will help you unlock what's holding you back.
- It will identify the physical, technical and mental skills that will stop you from reaching your goals.
- It will show you how to accomplish your sports goals.
Don't leave it to chance and hope that working harder will give you the results... working harder will not give you the results without the right strategies.
Sign up for Successful Athlete Masterclass then you will know what's missing.
Go to www.tiffanymika.com/sam
Look forward to seeing you there.
Have an absolutely awesome day and remember, Dream Big, Believe In You & Go After Your Dreams.
To your abundance,
P.S. Leave a comment and share with me what you liked best about what you heard today... thank you.
Connect With Tiff Here: