Learning how to visualize is a crucial part of you reaching your potential. Do not skip over this episode, this is an essential part of your mental skills inventory - you must have it!
Visualization will be a huge part of your performance. Even though this episode will apply to you as a sports person, it won't matter if you are a sports person or not, you must have visualization skills in place for you to reach the goals you want to accomplish. If you are not a sports person, still listen to this episode and see how you can apply this to you.
We will be doing a Self-Assessment exercise today to establish the level of your visualization skills.
There are no wrong answers- we just want to identify a starting point for you.
**How you score yourself**
This is a point system. When you answer each question I want you to rate yourself this way;
1 = Regularly
2 = Mostly
3 = Sometimes
4 = Rarely
5 = Never
1. I visualize when I am on the field/court/course/practice area and whilst I am at home/school/work.
2. I visualize my shots before and during my sport competition.
3. I can see myself performing (as if I am watching from a video camera).
4. I can see myself performing (as if I am doing the skill myself).
5. I can see the colours and surroundings with clear detail.
6. I can hear the sounds all around me when I visualize.
7. I can change the images in my mind on demand for my desired performance.
8. I always use a pre-shot routine.
9. When I am playing my sport, I am positive and in control of my emotions.
10. I am confident with each skill I perform.
11. I can effectively shut out negative thoughts.
12. I play well when I am under pressure.
13. I am able to let go of bad shots and focus on the next.
14. I can focus and concentrate during my sport performance.
15. I use relaxation techniques to help me concentrate and focus.
16. I have very specific goals for my sport and a detailed plan to achieve them.
17. I choke at critical points.
18. I can visualize anything from sport, to school, to business - anything that I want to achieve in my life.
Make sure you listen to the results of your scores on this episode.
Have an absolutely awesome day and remember, Dream Big, Believe In You & Go After Your Dreams.
To your abundance,
P.S. Leave a comment and share with me what you liked best about what you heard today... thank you.
Connect With Tiff Here: