Podcast Show - Listen Below
Podcast Show - Watch Video Below
There are a number of myths that surround mindset skills for sport. And we will uncover those top 4 myths here in this episode.
What stills happens today is that many athletes consider that mindset training, mental skills training or sports pyschology as a stigma, stating that there must be something wrong with them if they need to be working on their mindset.
I had that too! When I was 19 years old pursuing my professional tennis career,'I thought there was something wrong with me', because I was struggling in competition and tournaments. I worked my butt off but still couldn't compete the way I wanted to do.
And what was wrong with me at that time was that I was closed off! I was closed off to learning how to improve. I had a poor mindset approach to competing and myself in general. I had what you call a fixed mindset. I was so fixed on my ideas of what I should be, that I was so closed off to learning. I was frightened to work on my mindset. I didn't know at that time it was my mindset that was holding me back, but I was fearful of working on my mind because in my head, I thought if I need help then there is definitely something wrong with me.
Before I tell you these 4 Myths, it doesn't matter how old you are, what does matter is how open you are. My wish and request for you is to you be OPEN!
- Be open to deveoping you.
- Be open to learning new techniques both physicaly and mentally.
- Be open to feedback (even though you may see that as criticism.
- Be open to feeling uncomfortable (outside your comfort zone).
Even if you have heard all of this before - JUST BE OPEN!
Here are the 4 Myths below;
- Mindset Skills Training is Only for Athletes With Problems
- Mindset Skills Training is Only For Elite Athletes
- Mindset Skills Training is A Quick Fix
- Mindset Skills Training Doesn't Work
All of these myths are explained in greater detail in this episode.
Join the Get Focused Academy through the Athlete Success System to get the results you are after when you compete. 'Crush it when you compete!'
Let's Crush it!
Have you signed up for the FREE Successful Athletes Masterclass?
In this I show you;
- what's holding you back from accomplishing your goals.
- how to identify your strengths and weakness in your sport and your mental side of your sport.
- how to craft your plan to go after your sports goals in a strategic way.
Register at www.tiffanymika.com/sam
Do you want to Reach Your Potential?
Get a FREE COPY of FOCUS - How to reach your potential in sport, business and life.
Have an absolutely awesome day and remember, Dream Big, Believe In You & Go After Your Dreams.
To your abundance,
P.S. Leave a comment and share with me what you liked best about what you heard today... thank you.
Connect With Tiff Here: